Research & Impact
Find resources for funding, proposal development, award management, integrity and compliance, and other priorities across the research lifecycle.
Capitalizing on Discovery
Get assistance with licensing, commercialization, and business development, including info on Florida’s two award-winning business incubators.
Florida is home to the most comprehensive academic health center in the southeastern United States.
Our Institute for Food and Agricultural Sciences delivers expertise from every Florida county.
We’re making Florida a hub for artificial intelligence research and infusing AI across our curriculum.
2022 Research Expenditures
Florida researchers conducted a record amount of research in fiscal 2022.
Active Research Projects
Florida research, scholarship and creative works span every discipline.
An environment that cultivates ingenuity and innovation. People driven by the joy of discovery. A shared perspective focused on the future. At Florida, they all come together.
Powering Our State
It starts between two oceans, where cultures meet and ideas collide.
- 5,700+ faculty, including 45 national academy members, three Pulitzer Prize winners, and a Fields Medal recipient
- About 92,000 UF Health inpatient admissions and 1.6 million outpatient visits each year
- Named best large university for turning discoveries into companies and jobs for 2020
- 70% of undergraduates secure jobs or plan to start their careers in Florida
Accelerating Our Nation
The best ideas gather speed, earning national attention and acclaim.
- Public-private partnership with NVIDIA to expand artificial intelligence training and supercharge research with the fastest AI supercomputer in higher education
- Leading a $15 million NASA space-science grant with 5 other university partners
- Ranked 16th in research expenditures among American public research universities by the National Science Foundation
- A land- and sea-grant institution, and Florida’s only member of the Association of American Universities
Moving Our World
We’re taking on the world’s most pressing challenges, with and for people everywhere.
- Global projects include helping small-scale farmers in Africa expand their income opportunities
- Committed to becoming a carbon-neutral campus by 2025, and home to more LEED-certified buildings than any other U.S. university
- Record three-time recipient of the Best Global Incubator award for Sid Martin Biotech