For detailed information about UF students, faculty and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19, visit our Cases page.
- In response to the continuously changing circumstances involving the spread of COVID-19, the University of Florida is pausing faculty and staff hiring, including OPS jobs, effective immediately and until further notice, with a few exceptions.
- The University of Florida and its Dining service provider Aramark plan to offer students partial refunds for those who left campus early this semester due to COVID-19.
- UF to remain open, but will limit on-campus work to essential services, starting March 24.
- All UF classes will remain online for the rest of the Spring semester. S/U grading and drop policies for Spring 2020 can be found at http://undergrad.aa.ufl.edu/for-students/covid-19-and-academic-policies/
- Spring commencement has been rescheduled for the weekend of July 31-August 2 for students graduating with master’s or bachelor’s degrees. Graduating doctoral students can participate in the August 7 summer doctoral ceremony.
- All summer A and C classes will be held online.
- Nonessential faculty and staff will work from home if possible.
April 3: NOTE OF GRATITUDE TO FACULTY MEMBERS FROM PROVOST JOE GLOVER AND PRESIDENT KENT FUCHS
Dear faculty colleagues,
We want to take this time to extend our profound gratitude for your tireless work and resilience since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.
Three weeks ago you were asked to move all instructional activities online. We thank you for successfully and smoothly doing so, while helping students make the transition as they dispersed, many of them under considerable stress.
Amid this disruption, and continuing to the present, we know many of you find yourselves called to provide even more support and care to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students.
Read More >>
Visit our FAQ for answers to specific questions you may have, or go straight to information for STUDENTS, GRADUATE STUDENTS or FACULTY & STAFF. You can also call for information at (866) 833-2287 (866-UF-FACTS).
The UF Student Health Care Center (with expanded hours), UF Counseling and Wellness Center, Libraries and Gator Dining Services will remain open.
Travelers should stay informed on CDC updates and travel notifications here.
For the latest federal updates as well as information about how to prevent COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. For the latest Florida-specific information, including a COVID-19 resource toolkit as well as a list of positive cases by county, visit the Florida Department of Health.